Home » xyzzy » Tower » Flood and tornado watch through Christmas?!
Flood and tornado watch through Christmas?! [message #81819] Wed, 23 December 2015 17:18 Go to next message
Pioneer is currently offline  Pioneer
Viscount
I live in the southeast. We're under a flood and/or tornado watch through the end of the week -- that's Christmas! I mean, seriously, who has to worry about tornadoes on Christmas day?! Even if we don't see weather bad enough to spawn a tornado -- and I hope we don't -- we could still see up to five inches of rain between now and then.

Crazy!
Re: Flood and tornado watch through Christmas?! [message #81835 is a reply to message #81819] Sun, 27 December 2015 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
That is crazy, Pioneer. I hope you guys made it through the holiday alright, with no flooding or tornadoes. I thought I heard about several tornadoes touching down in Mississippi, though. This is some wild weather we're having.
Re: Flood and tornado watch through Christmas?! [message #81847 is a reply to message #81819] Mon, 28 December 2015 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pioneer is currently offline  Pioneer
Viscount
Believe it or not, we're actually up under another flood watch now. The watch broke over the weekend but we have more rain headed in today, before anything from last week can even dry up. We've had so much damage from all the rain, too. Several state parks situated around water have flooded and closed and I've seen on local news where a road in another county washed out.
Re: Flood and tornado watch through Christmas?! [message #81850 is a reply to message #81819] Tue, 29 December 2015 10:10 Go to previous message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
Wow. I saw footage of a state park in Alabama on Facebook. What is usually a trickling waterfall at the park was like a raging torrent after 20" of rain in 24 or 48 hours. The area of the park leading up to the waterfall was washed out; I wouldn't be surprised if they had to close the park for a few days to let it dry out!
Previous Topic: Lil Wayne Tramples the Flag
Next Topic: Bill Cosby formally charged
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:55:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout