Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 4 Pi Build Progress
Re: 4 Pi Build Progress [message #81495 is a reply to message #81462] Mon, 27 July 2015 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BobTahoe is currently offline  BobTahoe
Baron
Progress continues, all of the ports a glued to the baffles, all of the cabinets have the bracing in. just need to glue baffles in, with only six camps I can only glue so much at a time.

One 3 Pi subwoofer is together just need to cut baffle, the other subwoofer should be together tonight.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1778&private=0
Re: 4 Pi Build Progress [message #81497 is a reply to message #81462] Tue, 28 July 2015 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Does this look right for insulation?

index.php?t=getfile&id=1779&private=0

I glued down the back piece and my binding posts aren't in yet, still waiting on a delivery from Parts express. Which also has the hurricane nuts for the baffles.
Re: 4 Pi Build Progress [message #81503 is a reply to message #81497] Wed, 29 July 2015 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yes, that looks just fine. I actually don't use quite as much as you do above the brace, but what you have will be good too. I usually just lay a sheet on top of the brace, spanning the cross-section. It sort of separates the cabinet into two sections, top and bottom.

Re: 4 Pi Build Progress [message #81506 is a reply to message #81462] Wed, 29 July 2015 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
Your cabinets look great so far!
Re: 4 Pi Build Progress [message #81509 is a reply to message #81462] Fri, 31 July 2015 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnnycamp5 is currently offline  johnnycamp5
Grand Master
Any updates/progress? Smile .

Just an observation-
If you're trying to build these exactly as the plans direct you, you may want to remove the piece of insulation on the bottom of the boxes, as it's not supposed to be there.

Regards!
Re: 4 Pi Build Progress [message #81510 is a reply to message #81462] Fri, 31 July 2015 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Hmm I didn't realize it wasn't supposed to be there seen it in a few other builds, I'll remove it most likely then when I mount the cross over.

More progress, The 3 Pi Subwoofers got their final hole cut with a 4" hole saw, since my router couldn't make a 4" hole and my dermal didn't like cutting MDF. I also bondoed around the edges and sanded, The subs are almost ready for paint. As of this morning before work the last baffle has been glued on to the 4 Pis.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1780&private=0

To finish the 4 Pis I'm thinking about doing a 1" round over up the front sides with my router then bondo and primer. While I figure how what color I really want to paint them.

If all goes well I hope to have everything primed this weekend.
Re: 4 Pi Build Progress [message #81512 is a reply to message #81462] Sat, 01 August 2015 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Round overs done, hope to finish Bondoing the edges of all the boxes tomorrow, then a bunch of sanding and I'll hit them all with some primer.

You can see the 3/8" round over on the top sides, and the 1" round over on the front sides, I think I'm leaving everything else square.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1784&private=0

Here's a shot of all 5 cabinets

index.php?t=getfile&id=1783&private=0

Now off to pick up some Primer.
Re: 4 Pi Build Progress [message #81516 is a reply to message #81462] Sun, 02 August 2015 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Bondo done, Primer almost done.

Nothing a little Bondo couldn't clean up

index.php?t=getfile&id=1786&private=0

First coat of high fill primer done, more primer and sanding to come.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1787&private=0
Re: 4 Pi Build Progress [message #81518 is a reply to message #81516] Mon, 03 August 2015 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Getting closer!...

Re: 4 Pi Build Progress [message #81523 is a reply to message #81518] Thu, 06 August 2015 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Baron
Sanding sanding sanding....so the first primer I put on needed a lot of sanding, I have the 3 pi subwoofers done! They are finished with Rustolem Hammered Black spray paint. It's a pretty nice look for the subs.

One 4pi is fully primed ready for more sanding before I start the stone gray enamel. the other 2 have the first primer put on and need a lot more sanding. The primer is basically the same color as the stone gray I'll be painting them.

index.php?t=getfile&id=1788&private=0

I'll be out of town for work all of this weekend and and most of next week. My goal is to have all the paint on minus a the clear coat before I go. another 4 hours of sanding with some painting in between and I might be there.
Previous Topic: Just Loaded in 4 Pis
Next Topic: Implementation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:23:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout