Home » Audio » General » 2-channel system done the Wardsweb way (my main stereo system)
2-channel system done the Wardsweb way [message #81286] Wed, 06 May 2015 13:59 Go to next message
wardsweb is currently offline  wardsweb
Baron
After seeing a lot of guys at LSAF who I haven't seen in years, I thought I would post a picture of my present 2-channel rig.

http://wardsweb.org/misc/ASL845MKII.jpg

Clearaudio Champion II table with SME 309 arm and Benz Micro glider cart
Shanling CD-T1500 SACD
McIntosh C36 preamp
Music Fidelity M1DAC
PS Audio Quintessence power conditioner
Antique Sound Labs AQ1006 845DT MKII mono blocks
Speakers are DIY: Altec 511B with 802-8G driver, JBL 077 tweeter and JBL 2235H woofer. Cabinet MDF and Baltic birch, veneered with sapele pommele.
Tascam BR20 reel to reel
Re: 2-channel system done the Wardsweb way [message #81292 is a reply to message #81286] Wed, 06 May 2015 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
closer look at the speakers

http://wardsweb.org/misc/Wardsweb.jpg
Re: 2-channel system done the Wardsweb way [message #81293 is a reply to message #81292] Wed, 06 May 2015 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Love the speakers. I have a pair of Altec Lansing Magnificents. Huge and heavy.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: 2-channel system done the Wardsweb way [message #81294 is a reply to message #81293] Wed, 06 May 2015 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
gofar99 wrote on Wed, 06 May 2015 15:44
Hi, Love the speakers. I have a pair of Altec Lansing Magnificents. Huge and heavy.

My previous speakers were A7 Voice of the Theater 825 cabinets. I covered them in walnut and built solid walnut risers and grill frames. Old picture makes them look more red than they were.

http://wardsweb.org/audio/altec_images/a7_open.jpg
Re: 2-channel system done the Wardsweb way [message #81295 is a reply to message #81294] Wed, 06 May 2015 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Man, I just love those cabinets. Always have; Been drooling over them since I first saw them. Such beautiful wood! Thanks for posting the pics!

Re: 2-channel system done the Wardsweb way [message #81296 is a reply to message #81295] Wed, 06 May 2015 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Wayne Parham wrote on Wed, 06 May 2015 16:03

Man, I just love those cabinets. Always have; Been drooling over them since I first saw them. Such beautiful wood! Thanks for posting the pics!

Wayne - With a wife as pretty as yours, it's a wonder you ever look at anything but her.
Re: 2-channel system done the Wardsweb way [message #81297 is a reply to message #81296] Wed, 06 May 2015 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Thanks, and you're right, it's a wonder. I think she'll be touched when she reads your kind words.

Here's a fun little story, if you're interested.

Kelly and I grew up together. I've known her since she was ten years old. We went to the same church, and we were very close in our youth. She was my cute little Kelly Ferguson back then. When she blossomed into a woman, it was almost too much. In fact, it really was too much, overwhelming for me, anyway. She was in ballet and beauty contests, just an amazing girl.

We were always very good friends, but we stayed out of sync romantically. She was still a girl when I started dating, and once she did start dating, I was more than interested. But one of us was always involved when the other wasn't. Still, I couldn't ever get her off my mind. And I guess you can understand why.

Kelly was always dear to me, all these years. I stayed in touch with her up through her twenties, and stayed in contact with her parents regularly too. So it has been very pleasant to reconnect with her, bringing our lives full circle. We share so much history.

So when we realized each other was available last year, we didn't have to "date" long to know we were right together. Smile

Re: 2-channel system done the Wardsweb way [message #81300 is a reply to message #81297] Wed, 06 May 2015 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Your VOTs have a distinct resemblance to my Magnificents. We could not make the event this year. I injured my back and just now can pick up about 20 pounds.....I can't imagine how the nearly 800 pound of stuff we bring could have been loaded in the vehicle. Each of the KT120 amps is more than I can pick up and the speakers we bring are over 50 pounds each. Rolling Eyes

index.php?t=getfile&id=1691&private=0

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: 2-channel system done the Wardsweb way [message #81301 is a reply to message #81300] Wed, 06 May 2015 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

We sure did miss you, Bruce! I always look forward to seeing you at LSAF!

So sorry about your back. I hope it's a temporary thing and you're on the mend soon.

Re: 2-channel system done the Wardsweb way [message #81302 is a reply to message #81300] Thu, 07 May 2015 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Baron
gofar99 wrote on Wed, 06 May 2015 17:23
Hi Your VOTs have a distinct resemblance to my Magnificents. We could not make the event this year. I injured my back and just now can pick up about 20 pounds.....I can't imagine how the nearly 800 pound of stuff we bring could have been loaded in the vehicle. Each of the KT120 amps is more than I can pick up and the speakers we bring are over 50 pounds each. Rolling Eyes

Sorry to hear about your back. As my grandmother used to say, "and this too shall pass." I ruptured a disc 10 years ago and went through back surgery. It took a couple years to get back to lifting speakers, but lift I did. There is light at the end of the tunnel and it is not a train. Very Happy
Previous Topic: Power strips
Next Topic: 4 pi
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:01:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout