Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Ordered new waveguide H290C
Ordered new waveguide H290C [message #81054] Mon, 02 February 2015 07:08 Go to next message
Nick77 is currently offline  Nick77
Baron
I just ordered the new drop in replacement waveguide H290C.

Looking forward to swapping these out in my Pi4, I will report back with impressions.

Just curious if wrapping horn with plumbers rope achieves anything with new horn?
Re: Ordered new waveguide H290C [message #81061 is a reply to message #81054] Wed, 04 February 2015 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rkeman is currently offline  rkeman
Viscount
The H290C does not absolutely require further damping. If damping Is desired, the 1/2 inch Sonic Barrier material available from Parts Express offers an easy solution that works quite well. It is adhesive backed and totally damps the little ringing that the stock H290C exhibits. It is is much less messy to use than caulking and seems to be more effective.
Re: Ordered new waveguide H290C [message #81066 is a reply to message #81061] Thu, 05 February 2015 20:26 Go to previous message
Nick77 is currently offline  Nick77
Baron
I installed the new H290C waveguides and everything I've read holds true.

But I don't think the increase in clarity has been emphasized to the degree I'm hearing. I was not expecting such an increase in mico details. I am hearing echoes and string plucks and decay like never before. Picking up on a lot more in the recording.

And they do sound very natural and non-fatiguing, I am enjoying a great deal!!

Thanks Wayne!
Previous Topic: Tim's 4Pi Speaker Build
Next Topic: Four Pi Waveguide Placement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:39:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers