Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Older ThreePi kit
Older ThreePi kit [message #80918] Wed, 10 December 2014 08:36 Go to next message
themilford is currently offline  themilford
Viscount
Hey guys,

I have components from an older ThreePi kit. Delta 12LF woofers, PSD with H290 flares and Eminence Xover PCBs with Wayne's inline resistor clusters.

I've pilfered some of the parts from the Xovers over the years (a few resistors and coils).

I'd like to build these back up using Wayne's new H290C flares and new PCBs.

What do I need to know? What different parts will I need for the Xovers?

Will the Delta 12LFs still work with these?

Part of me is thinking I should sell the H290s and Deltas and get some 15"s and go for the FourPis instead. thoughts?

Cheers,
DJ
Re: Older ThreePi kit [message #80920 is a reply to message #80918] Wed, 10 December 2014 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

All you need is the H290C waveguides and to make a small change to your crossover. We remove capacitor C1 and add resistor Rs. I'd suggest buying the unstuff PCB we make now to clean things up, not because it's better electrically but because it is a cleaner install than the cable assembly that has R1/R2. The new PCB has locations for those components on it.

The Delta 12LF and PSD2002 drivers you have are still current entry-level offerings, and they sound good. The premium upgrade drivers are the Definimax 4012 midwoofer and the DE250 compression driver, which provide smoother response and reduced distortion.

Re: Older ThreePi kit [message #80922 is a reply to message #80920] Wed, 10 December 2014 11:25 Go to previous message
themilford is currently offline  themilford
Viscount
Thanks Wayne. I all but forgot I had these components in the shop. I might just build them up with the older H290 for now but I will get your PCBs. I think that will make the rebuild feel fresh and tidy things up a bit.

Also, thanks for being here for us and our nagging questions even with all that's going on in your life. I just caught the post about your recent loss and would like to express my condolences. I Hope your holidays are filled with friends and family.

Cheers mate,
David
Previous Topic: Melissa Parham
Next Topic: Two PI: A Little Bright OR Light in the Bass?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:43:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio