Home » Audio » General » Video game audio rant
Video game audio rant [message #80819] Tue, 11 November 2014 15:58 Go to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
I bought a video game recently and downloaded it through the Xbox 360. It's an HD remake of a PS2 game that I used to love to play, so I couldn't pass it up. Anyways, the sound on the remake fades in and out during cut scenes, making it impossible to follow along with the story line if you don't have captioning turned on. This is getting on my nerves so badly!
Re: Video game audio rant [message #80825 is a reply to message #80819] Thu, 13 November 2014 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pioneer is currently offline  Pioneer
Viscount
I'll bet I know which game you're talking about. Is it Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas? I ask because I saw other people complaining in a gaming forum about this exact issue with the HD remake of this game.
Re: Video game audio rant [message #80830 is a reply to message #80819] Fri, 14 November 2014 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
Yes, I'm talking about Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. I guess I really shouldn't be complaining since I bought the game knowing that there were issues with it, but honestly I didn't think the glitches I'd read about would bother me this badly.
Re: Video game audio rant [message #80849 is a reply to message #80819] Tue, 18 November 2014 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pioneer is currently offline  Pioneer
Viscount
I can imagine that it would be really aggravating to deal with. Can you imagine how upset someone would be if they bought the HD remake never having played the original game? They wouldn't have a clue as to what's going on in the cut scenes.
Re: Video game audio rant [message #80855 is a reply to message #80819] Thu, 20 November 2014 13:23 Go to previous message
Grand Master
That's exactly why I think they need to fix this glitch. I would be really upset, even with the game costing less than $5 to download, if I bought it, downloaded it, and then couldn't follow along with the game because of entire voice-over conversations being missing from the game.
Previous Topic: Getting Into Audio Books
Next Topic: Power strips
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:15:55 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout