Home » xyzzy » Tower » Exposed Cables
Exposed Cables [message #80588] Mon, 29 September 2014 11:31 Go to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
We just rearranged our furniture in the living room and now the surround speaker cables are exposed. It's not a pretty look, but on the other hand I love how open the room looks now. What do you do with exposed cables?
Re: Exposed Cables [message #80593 is a reply to message #80588] Mon, 29 September 2014 21:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi My first thought is to go wireless...but that can cause as many problems as it solves. Some other possibilities are go through the walls to the next room and run the wires there. I have on occasion temporarily removed the base board molding strips and put the wires behind them. You can if desired put mounting plates and jacks where the wires need to come out. It the wires need to be out in open areas them sometimes you can run them under the carpet. A last resort is to use the flat rubber strips for running wires across walkways. They cone in a roll of about 10-12 feet and places like Ace, Home Depot and Lowes usually have them.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Exposed Cables [message #80621 is a reply to message #80588] Fri, 03 October 2014 20:02 Go to previous message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
We have the same problem in our apartment. We ran the wiring around the perimeter of the room so at least no one will trip on them and the plan now is to buy wire concealment stripping. It looks kind of like quarter round molding but it's hollow on the inside.
Previous Topic: Beach Day!
Next Topic: Kobane
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:35:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout