Home » xyzzy » Tower » Powerr saws and BBQ Grills
Powerr saws and BBQ Grills [message #80290] Mon, 25 August 2014 21:12 Go to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
HI Everyone, I just endured another birthday. I strongly suspect it is better than the alternative of not being around to endure it though. Rolling Eyes Two presents were a table saw and a BBQ grill. Each came in humongous boxes and needed assembly. Lots of nuts, bolts and hard to identify metal parts. Confused After spending much of a day putting them together I came to the conclusion that it is far easier to construct the table saw than the grill. At least the instructions were better...none of this "attach side panel" wording without any description of how, to where and with what. The next grill (if I survive long enough) will come assembled or stay in the box forever. Shocked

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Powerr saws and BBQ Grills [message #80293 is a reply to message #80290] Tue, 26 August 2014 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Happy Birthday! None of us like getting older but you're right, it's better than dying. Having to assemble your own gifts doesn't seem right. Tell them next time it better come set up. Wink
Re: Powerr saws and BBQ Grills [message #80296 is a reply to message #80290] Tue, 26 August 2014 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

God, I know what you mean, Bruce. Seems like the "assembly-required" stuff is getting worse and worse, both with respect to fitment and quality of instructions. But I think a lot of that had to do with it being made so cheap.

One upside though - Seems like they all include tools and even sometimes glue. Not that any of it is any good, but still, you get everything in the box, no extra tools required.

Re: Powerr saws and BBQ Grills [message #80311 is a reply to message #80296] Wed, 27 August 2014 18:25 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Wayne, yes to some extent they include everything.....except I just a week ago put together a "breakfast nook" made of wood. Fair construction and instructions, just that one pack of nuts, bolts etc was missing. In its place was another one with parts that would be suitable for assembling a tractor. The bolts were about 4 inches long and 3/8 in diameter. No telling how that mix up occurred. Fortunately I have lots of fasteners here and just used some of mine.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: The trials of getting something fixed
Next Topic: Fitbit "Silent" Alarm
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:41:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers