Home » Audio » Thermionic Emissions » Welcome!
Welcome! [message #8018] Sun, 30 November 2003 23:00 Go to next message
admin
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Administrator
Welcome to the new "Vacuum Tube Forum" on AudioRoundTable.com. This is a great place to discuss matters related to tube devices, amps, preamps and what-not.

Enjoy!

Re: Welcome! [message #8019 is a reply to message #8018] Mon, 08 December 2003 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rick is currently offline  rick
Baron
I collect old 1920's through 1940's tube radios & amps. I would like to see this catagory included in this website. There are lots of collectors out there and It would be nice to talk to someone that has the same Intrest as I do. Thanks, Rick...

Vintage Radios and HiFi gear [message #8020 is a reply to message #8019] Mon, 08 December 2003 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Hi Rick!

I'm an old tube radio enthusiast too, and I like the "Vintage Radio" forum. There's also a "Vintage HiFi" forum, so the amps and field coil speakers are cool topics there.

By the way, what kinds of radios and amps do you collect?

Wayne

Re: Vintage Radios and HiFi gear [message #8021 is a reply to message #8020] Mon, 08 December 2003 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
I collect a lot of the old Heathkit amps and I do have some old amplifiers from some of the old theaters that were in the old movie houses. Rick..

Re: Vintage Radios and HiFi gear [message #8022 is a reply to message #8021] Mon, 08 December 2003 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I just looked at your web page, and made a comment about it on the "Vintage Radio" forum. You have some really, really cool stuff! The "Vintage HiFi" forum is the perfect place to kick off discussions about your Heathkit amps, and theater systems from the days when Western Electric and Altec were king.

This forum is really more for modern tube amp products, both fully assembled and kits. Have you ever heard Paramour or Decware products? Or how about some of the more expensive fully assembled products, like Audio Note, Audible Illusions, Music Reference, etc? There are some excellent tube HiFi products out there, and prices range from $500.00 to "nose-bleed" expensive.

Wayne

Re: Vintage Radios and HiFi gear [message #8023 is a reply to message #8022] Mon, 08 December 2003 11:52 Go to previous message
Baron
Hi Wayne:
Yes I have heard about some of the newer amps out there and I really have no special knowlage in how the newer systems work. I'm just an old fart the likes the old radios and tube amps that GLOW. I have talked to some of the people on the radio forums and they seem to be a bunch of swell guys. My main concern is to help other people to keep the vintage radios and amps out of the junkyards. Thanks for visiting my webpage and leaving a note on my guest book. It's been a pleasure to type at you. I live on the west coast about 30 miles north of Portland Oregon in a small town called Woodland Washington. Thanks for getting back to me and have a good Holiday Season with your family. Rick..

Next Topic: Gee Guys........Can I play ??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 19:40:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio