Home » Audio » Silicon Valley » Sansui AU-6500
Sansui AU-6500 [message #7996] Sat, 22 March 2008 17:24 Go to next message
Ross Rakoff is currently offline  Ross Rakoff
Chancellor
I have a Sansui AU-6500 Integrated and when I got it it worked fine except for the dirty pots. I lubed it up and after that the right side of the phono section puts out a loud hum. The left side is fine. Is any one familiar enough with the amp to tell me where the part is that needs to be replaced is and how to replace it. I assume that I misfired the contact solution somewhere I should have.

-Ross

Re: Sansui AU-6500 [message #7997 is a reply to message #7996] Sat, 22 March 2008 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheetah is currently offline  cheetah
Viscount
Hey Ross,

AK has a Sansui only forum. Lots of very knowledgeable people over there.

Joe

Re: Sansui AU-6500 [message #7998 is a reply to message #7996] Mon, 24 March 2008 17:14 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Did you use flux remover or electrical contact cleaner? Those products work pretty well for cleaning electronics. They'll remove solder flux, dirt and debris without harming plastics or leaving a film. Some cleaners harm plastics and some leave a conductive film. Some oils leave an insulating film.

If you didn't use an electrical contact cleaner or flux remover, I suggest going to an electrical supply house and getting some. Spray some in the pots and work them back and forth a bit to remove any film that might remain from the earlier spray.

Also look to be sure you didn't break a connection. If the pots are wired, check to see if any wires are loose. If the potentiometers are soldered right to the PCB, make sure a pad didn't lift. If the problem came on suddenly after cleaning, it shouldn't be too hard to track down because it is probably the result of something that happened during cleaning.

Previous Topic: Emotiva RPA-1 / RSP-1
Next Topic: Best chip amps
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:34:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout