Home » Audio » LSAF » LSAF 2014
Re: LSAF 2014 [message #79760 is a reply to message #79759] Wed, 26 March 2014 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I think people would definitely be interested. If you want to schedule a talk, write to info@lonestaraudiofest.com and pick a time. The seminar room is open all day Saturday, and looks like 2:00 to 3:00 is open, as is the morning. You could maybe do a 11:00am talk, 2:00pm or 4:00pm.
Re: LSAF 2014 [message #79776 is a reply to message #79708] Tue, 01 April 2014 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, Time is running out. There are just over two weeks to sign up for the Fest and make reservations at the hotel. I'm looking forward to being there and having a great time.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: LSAF 2014 [message #79787 is a reply to message #77456] Fri, 11 April 2014 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KJ Knowles is currently offline  KJ Knowles
Esquire
It occurs to me that it might be a good idea to check (BEFORE I show up to find out otherwise) if a video projector/screen setup is going to be available in the meeting room. I have lots of nice PowerPoint slides that are guaranteed to cure insomnia. (Kidding, of course...I certainly hope my presentation will be more interesting than that. Wink)

I do have a projector that I can bring along, if necessary, but I do not have a portable screen on hand.

Also, does anyone happen to have a dimensional floor plan drawing of the rooms at the hotel. I would like to get an idea of how I can best configure the listener/loudspeaker layout ahead of time. Since I am reasonably local, I can probably impose upon the hotel to let me measure an unoccupied room. However, if this info already exists, I am happy to take the easy way out. Very Happy
Re: LSAF 2014 [message #79790 is a reply to message #79787] Sat, 12 April 2014 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Glad to have you coming. Right now there are nearly zero folks that want to do presentations. The room is available ( I am covering the cost for it under my company - Oddwatt Audio) but AV equipment is $300 more and thus far not apparently a good deal. I will check to see if it contains a big screen TV that can accept video (most can) from a laptop. I will have mine there but feel free to bring your own.

Room sizes.... don't know exactly. But based on my memory from past years the front room in the suites is about 12 feet wide and 15 deep. You can use the bedroom (some do but the hotel is not thrilled with it) and stash everything against the walls. That room is almost twice the size of the front one. If you actually check with the hotel on room sizes please let me know and I'll post it for others information. There are two different size rooms and the dimensions on each would be handy. One is the usual suite and the other is one that has an up front conference section. It is slightly larger and there are very few of them. BTW the meeting room is supposed to hold over 60 people.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: LSAF 2014 [message #79791 is a reply to message #79790] Sat, 12 April 2014 17:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KJ Knowles is currently offline  KJ Knowles
Esquire
Thanks for the info, Bruce.

I stay at quite a few Embassy Suites during my (all-too-often) travels and my memory of the room size matches with yours. They all seem to be built with the same floorplans. I can see why. It works very well for travelers and I am never unhappy to stay at one.

I will check with the hotel on the off chance that they have room layout drawings. If not, I will probably get permission to pay a visit ahead of the show and take some measurements. If I do that, I will certainly pass along the info here.

I do many presentations in the course of my day gig, so if they have a television in the room, I can almost certainly connect to it with my laptop. It is usually HDMI connection these days, but some are still limited to DVI or VGA connections. Regardless, I'm sure I can get it to work.

If you find they have zero video capability, let me know and I will bring my projector and scrounge up a screen from somewhere. It can live in the room for other presenters. Hotel AV prices are always stupid expensive.

Thanks for your efforts!

Re: LSAF 2014 [message #79796 is a reply to message #79791] Mon, 14 April 2014 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Everyone, The registration deadline is Thursday so if you have been holding off until the last minute you should jump in now.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: LSAF 2014 [message #79914 is a reply to message #77456] Sun, 04 May 2014 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barryso is currently offline  Barryso
Master
I listened to a few rooms on Friday night and then managed to wander to just about every vendor's room on Saturday for a song or two. It still took most of the day but unlike most of the gatherings I was able to hit all the rooms.

There were some very fine sounding rooms this year. As always.
Re: LSAF 2014 [message #79920 is a reply to message #77456] Mon, 05 May 2014 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pmillett is currently offline  pmillett
Esquire
I just started a thread on diyAudio for people to discuss their thoughts and ideas for LSAF in the future. Please join in the discussion, and post your ideas and proposals:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/255814-future-lone-star-audio-fest-lsaf.html#post3916639

Thanks!

Pete
Re: LSAF 2014 [message #79924 is a reply to message #79796] Tue, 06 May 2014 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Did anyone get pictures?

Re: LSAF 2014 [message #79932 is a reply to message #77456] Wed, 07 May 2014 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Bob Brines is currently offline  Bob Brines
Master
I really don't have time to do Facebook, and a quick look at the deluge of responses there leads me to believe that most are missing the point of LSAF and why it works in the first place.

I have attended all but one LSAF since Tulsa. I need to note that while I am a "vendor", I have never make a dime off of LSAF. Never sold a pair of speakers, not even a set of plans to a visitor to LSAF. This is the reality of why the big guys will never attend LSAF, at least not more than once. There simply isn't any money to be made.

LSAF needs to go back to its roots. This is a DIY meet. Guys attend to see what others are doing. Don't bother trying to get some big names to attend. Get DIY'ers to just simply bring some stuff. The rooms are acoustically horrible. No bit deal. Let's see what you are doing. Spend all of the advertising effort on getting DIY'ers to bring their stuff.

It's been years since I went to the Atlanta meet. Strictly DIY. Contests. Prizes. Different type of venue, but I can see making it work in Dallas. The Parts Express meet in Dayton shows what can be done DIY only, but then PE is footing the bill. Could we get sponsors for some real prizes?

Move LSAF out of Dallas at your peril. You won't get anyone to come other than Texans. That may be OK with some, but it takes me five hours to get to Dallas. It's another three hours to Austin. I personally won't be dong that.

Bob
Previous Topic: What Is LSAF?
Next Topic: LSAF 2015
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:24:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers