Home » xyzzy » Tower » Kindle Through a TV
Kindle Through a TV [message #79581] Tue, 25 February 2014 05:32 Go to next message
Iceage is currently offline  Iceage
Baron
I have a Kindle Fire HD with both Netflix and Amazon Prime on it. I have a TV in the bedroom that is HD resolution but without HDMI input, instead taking DVI and composite video.

Is there any way that I can run the Kindle through the telly? The set itself has no tuner now, as it's too old, so I need to either run internet TV through it or buy a set top box for it.
Re: Kindle Through a TV [message #79587 is a reply to message #79581] Wed, 26 February 2014 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioClueless is currently offline  AudioClueless
Baron
You can buy a simple converter plug that will run the micro HDMI output from the Kindle, into the DVI port of the TV. However it's possible that you might find that it won't carry audio, which in itself isn't a problem. Just run a cable from the audio jack into the TV.
Re: Kindle Through a TV [message #79590 is a reply to message #79581] Wed, 26 February 2014 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Iceage is currently offline  Iceage
Baron
Thank you. Audio isn't a problem, my TV for sure does not carry audio over DVI so I have the cable ready for audio. I wasn't sure if the signals were the same and so a simple conversion possible.
Re: Kindle Through a TV [message #79600 is a reply to message #79581] Fri, 28 February 2014 04:23 Go to previous message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
Running the Kindle through the TV is something I have never thought to do, but it's a great idea. My wife has a Kindle and I'm sure she'd love to use it for streaming TV in the bedroom.
Previous Topic: So tired of bad weather!
Next Topic: Car Door Handle Broke
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:54:41 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout