Home » xyzzy » Tower » Books
Books [message #79399] Tue, 11 February 2014 11:17 Go to next message
Iceage is currently offline  Iceage
Baron
Radio has changed a great deal over the years, and recently seems to have lost popularity. Do you think that books will go the same way, replaced instead by digital books?
Re: Books [message #79421 is a reply to message #79399] Wed, 12 February 2014 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
I think they will to a certain extent, yes. I think some people will always prefer "real" books over digital ones, but I've already transitioned to a Kindle myself. They're just so much easier for me to read on since you can adjust the text size, backlighting, font style, etc.
Re: Books [message #79482 is a reply to message #79399] Tue, 18 February 2014 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kenwoody is currently offline  Kenwoody
Viscount
I've wondered this myself ever since the Nook and Kindle came out, but I don't know. There are still shelves full of books in both bookstores in town. I think some people are always going to prefer paper books to digital ones.
Re: Books [message #79515 is a reply to message #79399] Thu, 20 February 2014 04:07 Go to previous message
Samuel is currently offline  Samuel
Baron
Digital books lack the tangibility that a physical book has. That said, there are benefits to the digital books, including the lack of storage space needed, and the lack of resources. I think that these factors will eventually help digital books to take over.
Previous Topic: What did you get for Valentine's day?
Next Topic: The Shining, Doctor Sleep
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 15:47:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout