Home » Audio » General » Tablets (Which one has the best audio quality?)
Tablets [message #79296] Wed, 05 February 2014 05:43 Go to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
I'm thinking of buying a tablet, possibly an iPad, but I don't know which one has the best audio quality. What's been your experience? Samsung makes tablets, too, and their other audio stuff is good... Should I go with Samsung?
Re: Tablets [message #79306 is a reply to message #79296] Wed, 05 February 2014 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jackson is currently offline  Jackson
Viscount
If you are going to use it for music, then I would suggest the iPad. It just has the best music interface of the tablets on the market. It is easy to use as well.
Re: Tablets [message #79332 is a reply to message #79296] Fri, 07 February 2014 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Iceage is currently offline  Iceage
Baron
Are you looking for one with good sound from the unit itself, or one that outputs well? The best I've heard from the small speakers that the unit has was the Kindle Fire HD.
Re: Tablets [message #79336 is a reply to message #79296] Fri, 07 February 2014 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
A friend of mine has an iPad and I have a Kindle. Between those two, the iPad puts out better sound. I don't know about the Samsungs or any of the other tablets, though.
Re: Tablets [message #79344 is a reply to message #79296] Fri, 07 February 2014 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
Thanks for the input, everyone. I'm looking for a tablet that puts out decent sound in and of itself, not necessarily one that outputs well (although I would like that, too).
Re: Tablets [message #79381 is a reply to message #79296] Mon, 10 February 2014 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Samuel is currently offline  Samuel
Baron
My iPad certainly doesn't have good sound, but then it's ancient almost fit for use as a paperweight!

The tablets that I have are not very good sounding for the on board speakers. The Galaxy Note 3 that I have sounds better than any other phone that I've had, but I've not tried the Galaxy tablet.
Re: Tablets [message #79437 is a reply to message #79296] Thu, 13 February 2014 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pioneer is currently offline  Pioneer
Viscount
I have a Kindle and I can say from firsthand experience that it does NOT have very good sound quality. It's okay if you put a pair of ear buds on but it's nothing special, and I really don't like the speakers it has on it. I'd probably skip the iPad, too. Maybe try a Samsung or maybe even look into a laptop.
Re: Tablets [message #79450 is a reply to message #79296] Fri, 14 February 2014 05:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Samuel is currently offline  Samuel
Baron
Laptops can be specifically bought with higher end speakers (for a laptop) that give really amazing results. I had a Dell media laptop that had the most wonderful sound, but boy did I pay for it. It was the most expensive laptop I've ever bought. That said, it's still going after six years.
Re: Tablets [message #79451 is a reply to message #79296] Fri, 14 February 2014 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Iceage is currently offline  Iceage
Baron
You'll never get great sound from any device that small-the speakers will always be too small. So ultimately it's just about getting the best that you can manage for the size.
Re: Tablets [message #80073 is a reply to message #79296] Wed, 11 June 2014 19:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
pk20 is currently offline  pk20
Baron
If you're using earphones that is where the sound quality will depend on the earphones you use. I don't think any tablets have a good sound quality, they aren't really made for sound quality so much as graphic quality.
Previous Topic: Video camera with good sound
Next Topic: Kits
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:21:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout