Home » Audio » Home Theater » Angry Neighbors
Angry Neighbors [message #79142] Wed, 29 January 2014 06:21 Go to next message
Iceage is currently offline  Iceage
Baron
I've had to disconnect my subwoofer, and it's upsetting the balance. My neighbors (below me) are complaining that it's booming out and disturbing them.

Is there any way that I can limit the disruption to them and still use this? I'm kind of new to setting up and want to get it right.
Re: Angry Neighbors [message #79185 is a reply to message #79142] Fri, 31 January 2014 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioClueless is currently offline  AudioClueless
Baron
For a start you need to make sure it's not on the floor. Make sure that if it's mounted on something that it's well insulated-having it in a solid wooden cabinet will allow the sound to transmit well to the floor. It should have cushioning underneath it instead.
Re: Angry Neighbors [message #79219 is a reply to message #79185] Sat, 01 February 2014 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Maybe someone smart will jump in...but has anyone considered mounting one from the ceiling? I had some mounted in walls (15 inchers designed for that purpose) but to actually mount a boxed one at the ceiling.... Rolling Eyes

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Angry Neighbors [message #79224 is a reply to message #79142] Sun, 02 February 2014 04:53 Go to previous message
Samuel is currently offline  Samuel
Baron
What a wonderful idea. If it was hanging, rather than on a solid mount, there would be nothing to transmit to the ceiling, so it wouldn't annoy neighbors on the floor above either, if there are any.
Previous Topic: Chromecast
Next Topic: What room is your home theater set up in?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 17:25:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio