Home » Audio » Speaker » Speaker Wires in an apartment
Speaker Wires in an apartment [message #79100] Mon, 27 January 2014 19:39 Go to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
We live in an apartment now so I can't run the speaker wires up under the house to conceal them. We have no choice but to run them around the perimeter of the room, but they are still driving me crazy. What can I do to make them less conspicuous?
Re: Speaker Wires in an apartment [message #79129 is a reply to message #79100] Tue, 28 January 2014 21:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuckyLucy is currently offline  LuckyLucy
Baron
Can I assume you've already tried to stuff them down around the edges of the carpet? It's often not as tight as it looks and you can get a wire down in there.

Speaker wire is not that expensive. Have you bought it in white or a color that would be less noticeable against your walls or carpet? Or if you can ask your landlord for the color of paint, I have been known to paint the wires.
Re: Speaker Wires in an apartment [message #79313 is a reply to message #79100] Thu, 06 February 2014 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioClueless is currently offline  AudioClueless
Baron
If there isn't carpet then either alongside or on top of your baseboard won't be too bad either. You can buy clips that you nail in place that hold them where they need to be, so that they can't move and become a tripping hazard.
Re: Speaker Wires in an apartment [message #80053 is a reply to message #79100] Sat, 07 June 2014 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Round2 is currently offline  Round2
Viscount
I like your idea of painting the wires to match the wall LuckyLucy, that would make them a little less noticeable. When we lived in an apartment we ran it down along the bottom of the wall.
Re: Speaker Wires in an apartment [message #80054 is a reply to message #80053] Sat, 07 June 2014 22:48 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
A tough thing to do. Another possibility is to go wireless. It will depend a lot on what your end purpose is and the quality of sound and budget you have. There are a number of receiver / transmitter pairs now available and some might work for you. Premium sound quality is possible now with some, but the cost can get a bit much.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Plasma Speaker
Next Topic: Airplay speakers for iPhone
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:05:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers