Home » Audio » General » All those dead electronics (Where to take them)
All those dead electronics [message #79026] Wed, 22 January 2014 20:31 Go to next message
LuckyLucy is currently offline  LuckyLucy
Baron
I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Best Buy will take anything electronic to recycle. I'd seen their little bins in the doorway for small things, but I had a dead turntable, a few VCRs, a computer, etc. I just called and asked and they said bring it on! I got rid of a shopping cart full of stuff that we were going to fix, or scavenge, but haven't, and honestly just won't. I took in 8 remotes! Some of them went to pieces I was taking in; some went to things long gone.
Re: All those dead electronics [message #79028 is a reply to message #79026] Wed, 22 January 2014 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love2play is currently offline  love2play
Master
That is awesome! I had no idea that they would do that, but I have stuff in the attic and in a building out back that need to go. I will be loading up the car and heading to Best Buy this weekend!
Re: All those dead electronics [message #79049 is a reply to message #79026] Thu, 23 January 2014 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
Wow, this is awesome! I have so many electronic gadgets that we don't use anymore but I felt weird about just throwing them in the dumpster. We have two VCRs, an old receiver and several CD players, and more remotes than I even know what to do with!
Re: All those dead electronics [message #79063 is a reply to message #79049] Fri, 24 January 2014 18:07 Go to previous message
RustyC is currently offline  RustyC
Baron
This is much better than what happened to me a few years ago. I actually had to pay someone to take some old monitors off my hands! It was like $20 per monitor, too!
Previous Topic: Upgrading Computer
Next Topic: Dr. Dre
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:08:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout