Home » xyzzy » Tower » Brad Pitts Charity
Brad Pitts Charity [message #78856] Thu, 02 January 2014 17:23 Go to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
I'm hearing on the news that a charity that Brad Pitt runs is under fire. It seems that they rebuilt houses for the victims of hurricane Katrina, and now those houses are basically rotting from the inside out.

How much trouble do you think Mr. Pitt will be in?
Re: Brad Pitts Charity [message #78857 is a reply to message #78856] Thu, 02 January 2014 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Concorde is currently offline  Concorde
Master
Not much I would guess. I don't know what kind of man he personally, but business wise he will probably deflect the fault on the contractors. The people who actually built the houses.
Re: Brad Pitts Charity [message #78879 is a reply to message #78856] Sun, 05 January 2014 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
I agree. Brad Pitt may own the charity, but like so many other owners he is too busy to oversee every facet of that charity all the time. The best he can do from now on is do a more thorough check of the people and companies that work for him.
Re: Brad Pitts Charity [message #78890 is a reply to message #78856] Mon, 06 January 2014 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Yes, I expect this would be a minor bump in the road for him. He'll get new contractors (hopefully better ones) to do the repairs and any future construction and people will forget about it soon enough.
Re: Brad Pitts Charity [message #78987 is a reply to message #78856] Sun, 19 January 2014 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love2play is currently offline  love2play
Master
I had not heard about this before so I used our dear old friend Google. The news stories make it sound like it is the charity at fault, when in reality it is the lumber company. The Make it Right foundation is already fixing the problem for the homeowners, so if anything this is good publicity for the foundation.
Re: Brad Pitts Charity [message #79024 is a reply to message #78856] Wed, 22 January 2014 17:22 Go to previous message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
I heard about this on the news, and I think if anything the publicity will be good for the charity. None of this was their fault and they are doing what they can to fix it.
Previous Topic: Gullible
Next Topic: Capturing Memories
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:07:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout