Home » Audio » General » Stereo System That Has Been Off
Stereo System That Has Been Off [message #78803] Mon, 30 December 2013 19:23 Go to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
I know someone who left the country for about a year and then came back. When he did, he turned on the stereo that he has and swore up and down that the stereo itself sounded different. Flat somehow.

I told him it was probably due to the fact that he hadn't listened to his system for so long, that his hearing has to get accustomed to it again. What do you think?
Re: Stereo System That Has Been Off [message #78808 is a reply to message #78803] Mon, 30 December 2013 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi that is certainly possible. Also if the individual was in the military on active duty he may have sustained a hearing loss or shift. A third possibility that might have occurred is that some part of his system needs to "break in" again. Speakers and some capacitors are possible candidates for this behavior. I don't notice dramatic changes in anything except speakers, but others may be more sensitive to such changes in their gear.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Stereo System That Has Been Off [message #78817 is a reply to message #78803] Tue, 31 December 2013 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
I would assume the issue is with his perception, rather than the gear. I know when I don't listen to a particular system in awhile, it sounds different to me.
Re: Stereo System That Has Been Off [message #78818 is a reply to message #78803] Tue, 31 December 2013 09:43 Go to previous message
Vaiger is currently offline  Vaiger
Viscount
Does he have any issues with anything else? Meaning can he not hear other things just as well as before? If that's the case then it might be more than just the system.
Previous Topic: Which Genre Is More Guilty?
Next Topic: Getting The Edges Right
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:33:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout