Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Should we mention Phil? (Duck Dynasty Discussion)
Should we mention Phil? [message #78730] Fri, 20 December 2013 22:06 Go to next message
LuckyLucy is currently offline  LuckyLucy
Baron
Well, maybe everyone else is already tired of hearing about Phil from Duck Dynasty. But since it seems that you can't go anywhere on the internet today without seeing a Duck Dynasty argument, I thought I'd do my duty, and mention it here.

Did anyone read the original article in GQ? I did. Was anyone else more offended by the language the reporter was using than surprised by what Phil said?

The reporter was using the F-word, and cursing every paragraph. I wonder if he talked that way in front of Phil.

What Phil said about gays and everything else was perfectly predictable, given that he's a bible-Christian from Louisiana. What's the uproar? Who was expecting him to say anything different?
Re: Should we mention Phil? [message #78776 is a reply to message #78730] Thu, 26 December 2013 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I can't say I'm surprised by his sentiments, but I found them crude and bigoted. Yes, I read the original article and Phil's statements bothered me much more than the reporter's comments.
Re: Should we mention Phil? [message #78799 is a reply to message #78730] Mon, 30 December 2013 18:17 Go to previous message
Vaiger is currently offline  Vaiger
Viscount
LuckyLucy wrote on Fri, 20 December 2013 22:06

What Phil said about gays and everything else was perfectly predictable, given that he's a bible-Christian from Louisiana. What's the uproar? Who was expecting him to say anything different?

Which is all the more reason why he shouldn't have said anything at all. A straight-lace bible thumper from the south is going to feel that way and we all know it. So no, I wasn't offended.
Previous Topic: Another School Shooting
Next Topic: The Truth Contest
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:45:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout