Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » I'll see your 4Pi Feet and raise you 2Pi Tower Wheels
I'll see your 4Pi Feet and raise you 2Pi Tower Wheels [message #78390] Sun, 17 November 2013 19:36 Go to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
"Today was the very last time "I'll lift anything heavy, Doc, I swear!"

Having them on wheels makes it easier to finagle wiring, clean, etc in that busy part of the room.

The lifting was to replace metal studs with casters (the grills are getting Neodymiumed, also) as I my back really is shot. Legs have a bad case of the 'slows', too.

Golden Years, my ass!

index.php?t=getfile&id=1343&private=0

Oh, you noticed the 4Pis are still on bricks? Those aren't bricks, they're the keystones for my Mausoleum. Thay stay.

While I was at it, I swapped the .625 light gauge coil for a 15 gauge Jantzen, 0.55mH. Steel core for air core. Most of the boominess I had is gone. The remainder is room-related.

For a treat, I'm playing the 2Pi Towers as mains. So far, they've done Tchaikowsky, Bonnie Raitt and Count Basie. It's a Buffet!

You know, it's not just about Eminence not being in the same conference as JBL; as good as the SB-29 Tweeter is, it can't keep up with the 4Pis horn. Before the H290C, I will now reveal, that wasn't true. The SB-29 is still very good, but it's not a horn.

Wayne, you really should buy a room at RMAF just to piss in the industries cornflakes. Maybe a Kickstarter?

Re: I'll see your 4Pi Feet and raise you 2Pi Tower Wheels [message #78399 is a reply to message #78390] Mon, 18 November 2013 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Cmon Bill!

You big spkrs are like my little spkrs!

I can't wait to get cabs built for my 1501Fe's. Approx 4.2 cu ft tuned to 32Hz per JBL (4365 system).

They are like 2226's but with lower bass response and just slightly less spetacular midbass/midrange response. And 4 db less efficient.

Right now they are in 3 cu ft tuned to 36 hz.

You will have a reason to come to Ohio and listen to them.

Sorry for hijacking your thread!

Ron sends...

index.php?t=getfile&id=1344&private=0

Re: I'll see your 4Pi Feet and raise you 2Pi Tower Wheels [message #78402 is a reply to message #78399] Mon, 18 November 2013 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Still using those Salad Bowls I see.

Who's building your boxes?
Re: I'll see your 4Pi Feet and raise you 2Pi Tower Wheels [message #78433 is a reply to message #78402] Fri, 22 November 2013 13:20 Go to previous message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Bill,

Yeah, I love the round wooden tractix Edgarhorns.

I have tried Yuichi horns and other non-round horns and just can't give up the 3-D holographic imaging!

These are the 350Hz and x-over will be approx 700hz to 1200hz to be determined as I go. I'm using a dbx driverack Pa + and 300B SET on the horns(2445/Be).

SS Mosfet amps Adcom 555 II or Soundcraftsman "shoebox" PM-860. Both amps are 200 wpc for the 1501Fe's.

My cab builder is one who likes to remain anomymous. I have several cabinets that he built and they are solid and dense with no box sound!

Regards, Ron
Previous Topic: FourPI-TwoPI plans
Next Topic: 4Pi Placement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:33:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers