Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Blurred Lines Banned at UK Universities
Blurred Lines Banned at UK Universities [message #77878] Fri, 20 September 2013 07:26 Go to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The song Blurred Lines has been banned at Leeds and Edinburgh, at least from public play at university facilities. While I really hate the lyrics of that song, I don't think banning it is a great idea; it just makes people want to listen to it more.
Re: Blurred Lines Banned at UK Universities [message #77883 is a reply to message #77878] Fri, 20 September 2013 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, IMHO, banning something is the very best way to generate interest in it. Publishers just love it.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Blurred Lines Banned at UK Universities [message #77975 is a reply to message #77878] Mon, 30 September 2013 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Bruce has a good point. Banning something makes for good publicity. That particular song is awful but man, it's catchy. I've caught myself humming along to it.
Re: Blurred Lines Banned at UK Universities [message #78031 is a reply to message #77878] Sun, 06 October 2013 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gentry is currently offline  Gentry
Chancellor
A lot of people catch themselves humming along at first. The next thing they know they're singing along, not even thinking about the words that are coming from their mouths. Unfortunately, that is what makes music so powerful and such a huge impact on people. So much so that it can impact a person's behavior.
Re: Blurred Lines Banned at UK Universities [message #78106 is a reply to message #77878] Mon, 14 October 2013 18:30 Go to previous message
Round2 is currently offline  Round2
Viscount
Wow I just read the lyrics and I am not too impressed with it. Not something I want my child to sing to. Yes, banning a song generates more interest but I'm guessing they don't want those lyrics blaring across their campus.
Previous Topic: Our Government
Next Topic: CeeLo Green's Legal Troubles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:46:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout