Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » What are they thinking
What are they thinking [message #78062] Wed, 09 October 2013 10:16 Go to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
I am sure that I was not the only one who was shocked and appalled to learn that the families of servicemen and women who have been killed while in the service are not receiving their death benefits. Here is an article about it. I know that they are trying to fix it, but it never should have happened in the first place!
Re: What are they thinking [message #78065 is a reply to message #78062] Wed, 09 October 2013 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
I believe that you hit the nail right on the head. They may be "our" elected officials, but they really don't seem to care about us after they got elected. More about how they appear on some limited in scope issues. Maybe we should institute a new law that says no one can get re-elected for more than 2 terms and that either the majority leader or minority leader of the House and Senate can bring legislation to the vote. Right now our system is busted. My additional thoughts are not fit to print.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: What are they thinking [message #78090 is a reply to message #78062] Sun, 13 October 2013 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Round2 is currently offline  Round2
Viscount
Maybe these elected officials have enough money to feed their families, take vacations and have never worried about whether they can pay all their bills from one month to another. They don't think about people who are struggling day-to-day and now have to take care of their family alone.
Re: What are they thinking [message #78094 is a reply to message #78062] Sun, 13 October 2013 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
I think that both of you guys are probably right. Congress seems to be nothing more than a good old boys club where nothing ever really gets accomplished. I really think that we need to introduce term limits. We have them for the Presidency why not for Congress too?
Re: What are they thinking [message #78388 is a reply to message #78094] Sun, 17 November 2013 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rhonda is currently offline  Rhonda
Chancellor
We not only need to set term limits but what is this deal of the presidents and other officials being paid for life? If they had to go back to life the way it was before the White House they would care a lot more about the kind of laws they passed for the rest of us to live by.
Re: What are they thinking [message #78521 is a reply to message #78388] Mon, 02 December 2013 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
Rhonda wrote on Sun, 17 November 2013 15:07
We not only need to set term limits but what is this deal of the presidents and other officials being paid for life? If they had to go back to life the way it was before the White House they would care a lot more about the kind of laws they passed for the rest of us to live by.

You know, I am ok with them earning a small stipend (as in, under $10,000 per year) after they are out of office, but I don't think they should get anything close to a full salary. That's ridiculous.
Re: What are they thinking [message #78535 is a reply to message #78521] Tue, 03 December 2013 16:49 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Considering what they have been doing recently..they need to get a real job. Instead of steering the country in positive ways, they seem intent on stuffing it down the drain. I would love to see an item on the next ballot that said get rid of all incumbants. I would select it. It has apparently gotten to the point where unknowns would be no worse than the ones we have. Now jumping off the soap box.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: CeeLo Green's Legal Troubles
Next Topic: I've gone over to the dark side
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:00:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers