Home » Audio » Source » One sided record albums
One sided record albums [message #72320] Sun, 22 April 2012 10:43 Go to next message
Csharp is currently offline  Csharp
Viscount
Has anyone ever seen those record albums that are so old they only cut them on one side? I saw a few like that awhile back and the letters "RCA" were etched, as a part of the record making process, on the other side.
Re: One sided record albums [message #76949 is a reply to message #72320] Wed, 05 June 2013 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
I've seen them on E-Bay but not in person. I would imagine they could be worth some money if they're in good condition. Do you know what speed they are?
Re: One sided record albums [message #77568 is a reply to message #72320] Thu, 22 August 2013 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
If they're old enough to where you have to play them with the actual needles of old, yeah, they're worth some money. I would keep them for conversation pieces if not for anything else.
Re: One sided record albums [message #77737 is a reply to message #77568] Tue, 03 September 2013 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
You mean to tell me they record both sides Laughing Now I know where the missing songs are. Very Happy

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: One sided record albums [message #77833 is a reply to message #72320] Thu, 12 September 2013 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
I have seen one-sided albums at a record store, but I don't personally own any, nor do I know anyone who does. Double-sided albums make a lot more sense, which is probably why one-sided ones fell out of favor.
Re: One sided record albums [message #77967 is a reply to message #72320] Sun, 29 September 2013 15:02 Go to previous message
Fannie is currently offline  Fannie
Chancellor
I was never aware that they had ever made one-sided records. I will have to do some looking at our local antique music store. I know they carry a lot of vinyl. I wonder if they have any one-sided records. I'll have to check back and let you know.
Previous Topic: Rethreading Eaten Cassettes
Next Topic: DAT to CD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 08:13:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout