Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Best Pi Speaker For Home Theater Use
Best Pi Speaker For Home Theater Use [message #77940] Fri, 27 September 2013 06:00 Go to next message
Georgiana is currently offline  Georgiana
Chancellor
My husband and I are putting together our own home sound system. We are looking for speaker systems and have been impressed with the Pi design. Is there a Pi speaker that is best suited for home theater use?
Re: Best Pi Speaker For Home Theater Use [message #77944 is a reply to message #77940] Fri, 27 September 2013 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Use (six or seven π) constant directivity cornerhorns if your room has the right kind of corners to support them, or (three or four π) DI-matched two-way speakers with flanking subs if corner placement isn't possible or practical. For surrounds, use one π or two π speakers.

Re: Best Pi Speaker For Home Theater Use [message #77948 is a reply to message #77940] Sat, 28 September 2013 10:06 Go to previous message
rkeman is currently offline  rkeman
Viscount
My home theater employs 6Pi corner horns, a 3Pi center channel and 3Pi surrounds. The sound is immersive and really brings movies and music alive. The tonal balance or the 6Pi and 3Pi matches very well resulting in smooth panning effects and soundstage stability. The 2Pi surrounds previously used created a more diffuse surround effect and didn't produce quite as cohesive sound, although they might be a better choice where a lower cost or smaller loudspeaker is preferred.
Previous Topic: Three PI X-over questions
Next Topic: Pi II Plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:14:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout