Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Miley's "performance"
Miley's "performance" [message #77619] Mon, 26 August 2013 09:19 Go to next message
Jackson is currently offline  Jackson
Viscount
Wow, did anyone else catch this performance on the VMA's last night? If I didn't know better, I would think that Miley Cyrus was practicing for a job on the stripper pole. she basically humped a foam finger and Robin Thicke on stage. I don't think it would bother me so much except that she built her brand on being a role model to young girls and now she's acting like a street walker.
Re: Miley's "performance" [message #77634 is a reply to message #77619] Tue, 27 August 2013 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
She's clearly trying to change her brand from kids to adults and show us all how grown up she is. She's coming across as anything but adult, though. It was vulgar.
Re: Miley's "performance" [message #77640 is a reply to message #77634] Tue, 27 August 2013 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
I already said my piece on the Tower. If that's the best she can offer...then I'll pass. A serious lack of talent and taste.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Miley's "performance" [message #77656 is a reply to message #77619] Fri, 30 August 2013 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I was rather disgusted by it. She's young and is testing out the power of her sexuality, but it's not something I want to see.
Re: Miley's "performance" [message #77907 is a reply to message #77619] Tue, 24 September 2013 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Georgiana is currently offline  Georgiana
Chancellor
I refuse to call that a 'performance'. Instead of looking like an adult, she looked like a little girl acting out. I never saw her as good role model for young girls as Hannah Montana.
Re: Miley's "performance" [message #78654 is a reply to message #77907] Fri, 13 December 2013 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PageantDirector is currently offline  PageantDirector
Chancellor
It was absolutely disgusting. A few of my younger contestants (I am a pageant director) idolize her. I shudder to think of the things that we could potentially have as "talent" performances next year if one of the girls wanted to do a dance to a Miley song. Hopefully the parents will have more sense than that though, I doubt it.
Re: Miley's "performance" [message #78673 is a reply to message #77656] Mon, 16 December 2013 17:19 Go to previous message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Nymeria wrote on Fri, 30 August 2013 08:19
I was rather disgusted by it. She's young and is testing out the power of her sexuality, but it's not something I want to see.

I agree. If she wants to test it she can do it in private. Otherwise, she's well on her way to a career in the adult film industry.

What really bugs me though is that her father was on the committee that oversaw what was going to be aired that night. He saw it coming and he allowed it to happen. His own daughter. Disgusting.
Previous Topic: I've gone over to the dark side
Next Topic: Spring Storms In November
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:23:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout