Home » Audio » General » Spotify Connect
Spotify Connect [message #77743] Tue, 03 September 2013 20:15 Go to next message
Round2 is currently offline  Round2
Viscount
I've read that Spotify will be coming out with a new feature called Spotify Connect. There will be a new feature on its app that will allow you to stream music to any new Spotify Connect speakers that will be available in the future. You will need to have a premium account. What do you think?
Re: Spotify Connect [message #77777 is a reply to message #77743] Thu, 05 September 2013 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I'm a little confused, and not too familiar with Spotify in any case, so please clarify. If they just mean you can play the music through speakers, how is that different from what you are doing now?
Re: Spotify Connect [message #77783 is a reply to message #77777] Thu, 05 September 2013 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Spotify is a music streaming service. You can download the app to your smartphone and play music on your phone. They have different channels with different genres of music. With the new app you can stream the music from your smartphone by Bluetooth to specially made wireless speakers in your house. This means you will not have to plug your phone into exterior speakers to hear the music. You will also be able to do other things with your phone while still listening to music.
Re: Spotify Connect [message #77873 is a reply to message #77783] Mon, 16 September 2013 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Round2 wrote on Thu, 05 September 2013 19:16
Spotify is a music streaming service. You can download the app to your smartphone and play music on your phone. They have different channels with different genres of music. With the new app you can stream the music from your smartphone by Bluetooth to specially made wireless speakers in your house. This means you will not have to plug your phone into exterior speakers to hear the music. You will also be able to do other things with your phone while still listening to music.

Thanks for clarifying. That makes more sense. If you have speakers in multiple rooms, can you start a song in one room and finish it in another?
Re: Spotify Connect [message #77905 is a reply to message #77873] Tue, 24 September 2013 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fannie is currently offline  Fannie
Chancellor
From everything I have read it seems that you can switch speakers without missing a beat. According to Google Play, you can walk in the door listening to a song on your phone, switch to living room speakers and switch to the iPod dock in another room.
Re: Spotify Connect [message #78025 is a reply to message #77743] Sat, 05 October 2013 17:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chase is currently offline  Chase
Baron
I have not noticed speakers in the stores that specify Spotify Connect. Are they available yet? Have you heard whether they are going to be available through retail outlets or will they have to be ordered online?
Re: Spotify Connect [message #78027 is a reply to message #78025] Sat, 05 October 2013 19:11 Go to previous message
Viscount
I don't believe they are in stores yet. The articles mention it will be in the coming months. It looks like they will be available at retailers that sell Denon, Yamaha, Marantz, Pioneer, Bang and Olufsen, as well as a few others that I can't remember the names.
Previous Topic: Top Schools For Audiovisual Training
Next Topic: Volume Sneaking Up on You
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:03:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout