Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Dang 800 Numbers
Dang 800 Numbers [message #77698] Sun, 01 September 2013 17:46 Go to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, My beef of the week. Just because I have a phone doesn't mean I want everyone with an 800 number to call it. It is on the do not call registry (seems now to be mostly a joke)plus I lodge complaints against repeaters. Still you can't stop ones that claim to be non-profits or political. Worse if you have ever dealt with many companies they sell the number to "affiliates" who then apparently can call as well. Sad Pollsters are another of my favorites. If by mistake I answer one.... I always ask who they represent. Then tell them I'm because of their intrusion on my life I will vote for their opposition. It's usually good for a few grins here. Smile Same with anyone else that gets through. I am automatically for the opposite cause. That's of course when I choose to be polite. When not all bets are off Mad

All I can say is thank goodness for caller ID.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Dang 800 Numbers [message #77709 is a reply to message #77698] Mon, 02 September 2013 19:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
It's a shame how the number of telemarketing calls has increased in the last year or so. When the do not call laws went into effect the telemarketer calls to our phone all but stopped. For some reason they have started again, and this time they're mostly robocalls. I checked and my number is still on the do not call list. I'm getting so many I no longer answer the phone, and just let it roll over to the answering machine.
Re: Dang 800 Numbers [message #77736 is a reply to message #77709] Tue, 03 September 2013 11:07 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Yeah, Robocalls the bane of society. Mad I have a device on line that sends back an out of service signal to them. It used to be 100% effective, now about 50%. The biggest offenders now seem to be the ones that slave cell phones to PCs. Unlimited calls as fast as the pc can dial the phone. The device doesn't recognize them as robocalls. As I said thank goodness for caller ID. The ones in our phones speak the ID of the caller. It is rather comical what it does with some.

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: The Blind Leading the Blind
Next Topic: Filibuster on Syria
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:29:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers