Home » Audio » Radio » Can't Find A Good Station
Can't Find A Good Station [message #76675] Tue, 07 May 2013 17:45 Go to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
I've tried FM radio, AM radio, Pandora, iHeart Radio, and even Rhapsody, but I can't seem to find a radio station I like. I might be able to find one that plays one or two songs I like, but then the next five songs will all be crap! What's the deal? Why aren't stations playing anything good anymore?
Re: Can't Find A Good Station [message #76676 is a reply to message #76675] Tue, 07 May 2013 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's what records are for, man!

Re: Can't Find A Good Station [message #76716 is a reply to message #76675] Fri, 10 May 2013 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
You must be particular. Smile As Wayne said, it's time to hit the albums. If your music is on your computer, you can set up playlists.
Re: Can't Find A Good Station [message #76761 is a reply to message #76675] Thu, 16 May 2013 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Isn't Pandora that station that plays songs based on previous selections? If it is, then yeah, definitely hit the album stack. Sounds like your taste is music is getting condensed.
Re: Can't Find A Good Station [message #76897 is a reply to message #76761] Fri, 31 May 2013 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
Azuri wrote on Thu, 16 May 2013 16:02
Isn't Pandora that station that plays songs based on previous selections? If it is, then yeah, definitely hit the album stack. Sounds like your taste is music is getting condensed.

Yes, you pick artists you like and you rate the songs you hear. Pandora then analyzes for common elements and plays other songs with the same elements to see if you like them. I was really surprised that Timron couldn't build a station he enjoyed with Pandora, but hopefully his own stash will make him happy.
Re: Can't Find A Good Station [message #77615 is a reply to message #76675] Mon, 26 August 2013 04:14 Go to previous message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
When you say "certain elements" Chicken, what do you mean? Like the structure of a song? If the song is mostly major chords or minor chords? I don't have Pandora but I've heard a lot of good things about it.
Previous Topic: Traffic Reports
Next Topic: Pre 1940
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:46:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout