Home » xyzzy » Tower » 2141 Conversations (Taking out the trash)
2141 Conversations [message #77566] Thu, 22 August 2013 14:47 Go to next message
RustyC is currently offline  RustyC
Baron
I've been wondering why my browser, and particularly my email have been really slow. So I started going through and emptying caches and trash cans. When I got to the email and hit empty, it asked, "Are you sure you want to delete 2,141 conversations?" And keep in mind many of those conversations have several emails. I said yes, I think I really do.

I'm not positive things are going faster, but I think they are. In any case, I'm sure it was good for my soul to dump that much trash!
Re: 2141 Conversations [message #77591 is a reply to message #77566] Fri, 23 August 2013 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, That is one reason why I have stuck to hotmail. The stuff stays on their server. With the expanded service I have there are well over 10,000 items on it. I do lots of diy assists and such so I need to keep stuff for years as references. Another thing is that if your personal PC crashes or gets hacked the mail is safe. Folks that say that the stuff on the could is subject to being spied upon miss the picture.....as current news indicates, everything is subject to being spied upon.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: 2141 Conversations [message #77612 is a reply to message #77566] Mon, 26 August 2013 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
It doesn't hurt to clear things out like that because it can help your PC performance. For those who do work though, like Gofar, you do want to save some of it somehow for reference. If not in your mailbox then somewhere else.
Re: 2141 Conversations [message #77881 is a reply to message #77566] Fri, 20 September 2013 08:50 Go to previous message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
I'm a Gmail fan, personally. I don't like using email addresses that are dependent on my provider or store emails on my computer. My husband uses the provider's email and he just had to change it because we changed providers.
Previous Topic: Pulling advertising
Next Topic: Listen to the Sounds
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:12:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout