Home » Audio » General » Musical Acts
Re: Musical Acts [message #77245 is a reply to message #77234] Mon, 22 July 2013 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Jackson wrote on Sun, 21 July 2013 22:44
I think that it is harder to find good music because the technology in the studio has gotten better. They can take a person with moderate talent and make them sound more radio friendly with all the effects and stuff. There are a lot more "studio" artists than there used to be.

This is true. For instance, I hate hearing a vocal Auto-Tuned to death (Ke$sha, I'm looking at you) and would prefer to hear someone who can actually sing.
Re: Musical Acts [message #77265 is a reply to message #77234] Tue, 23 July 2013 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RustyC is currently offline  RustyC
Baron
It's all about the music industry becoming big business in my opinion. There are too many fingers in the pie. The art of the music is too far removed from sales and performances of the music. The days when musicians like Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash were writing their own stuff and driving themselves on tours is just gone.
Re: Musical Acts [message #77390 is a reply to message #74664] Fri, 02 August 2013 18:36 Go to previous message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I agree with Bill that Serj Tankian can't sing worth a hoot, but the band backing him is tight and professional, period. I'm a big Bob Dylan fan, but he can't sing worth a damn either, but it didn't stop Charlie Daniels from launching his career with him. Willie Nelson can't sing, or Johnny Cash for that matter, IMO. Can you say monotone? But that doesn't diminish their talent for songwriting. I refuse to base talent of a band on the singer alone.

For instance, David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar have very limited vocal ranges, but it didn't stop Van Halen from becoming one of the most successful rock bands ever. John Mayall is one of the most well known blues guys of the last 40 years and he can't sing either. The list goes on and on.
Previous Topic: Car To House
Next Topic: Internet Radio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:48:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout