Home » Audio » General » Car To House
Car To House [message #76568] Tue, 30 April 2013 16:19 Go to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
I just realized something. When I get out of my car and turn the radio off then go inside, my home stereo sounds VERY good. If all I listen to is the home stereo for days on end, I get to wondering how I can improve it. When I hear the difference between the car and home........it's beautiful. Anyone else notice this about their systems?
Re: Car To House [message #76598 is a reply to message #76568] Thu, 02 May 2013 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kenwoody is currently offline  Kenwoody
Viscount
I know what you mean. When I first bought the setup for my living room, I absolutely loved it because it was so much better than the one I had before it. Now that I'm used to it, it's like, "Eh. Whatever." But whenever I spend a day in the car listening to the radio, then come back inside and put something on the stereo, I'm like, "Whoa! Sweet!"
Re: Car To House [message #76663 is a reply to message #76568] Mon, 06 May 2013 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I think we all get used to our current setup. It's only contrast that helps us realize how good (or bad, I guess) our sound setup is.
Re: Car To House [message #76896 is a reply to message #76568] Thu, 30 May 2013 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
It just goes to show how wide ranging this thing we call audio really is. I wonder how much better your home system would sound if you son't have any system at all in your car though?
Re: Car To House [message #76898 is a reply to message #76896] Fri, 31 May 2013 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
Kingfish wrote on Thu, 30 May 2013 16:31
It just goes to show how wide ranging this thing we call audio really is. I wonder how much better your home system would sound if you son't have any system at all in your car though?

Your home system probably wouldn't sound any better at all in that case. You would no longer have a basis for comparison, so your home system would just be your standard.
Re: Car To House [message #77100 is a reply to message #76568] Mon, 01 July 2013 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nisha is currently offline  Nisha
Baron
To take it one step further, when I listen to music on my computer using good quality stereo headphones, both my home sound system and my car radio sound like old technology. Smile
Re: Car To House [message #77389 is a reply to message #76568] Fri, 02 August 2013 18:27 Go to previous message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Depends how crappy your car system is. I've heard some nice car systems that rivaled quite a few "high-end" home systems. I'm not talking about the car systems that you can hear rattling from a block away, but thought out, balanced systems.
Previous Topic: Old Artists, New Tastes
Next Topic: Musical Acts
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:04:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout