Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Searching for Sugarman (Rodriguez - Cold fact)
Searching for Sugarman [message #77099] Mon, 01 July 2013 16:09 Go to next message
Nisha is currently offline  Nisha
Baron
For those interested in the music history of the 70's and 80's, I would recommend a documentary named 'Searching for Sugarman'. Sixto Rodriguez's music never took off in the U.S., but he was a phenomenal success in South Africa. Some of his songs were actually banned in South Africa during Apartheid, with the hit 'I Wonder' from the album 'Cold Fact' literally scratched out with a sharp utensil on all his albums to prevent people from listening to it.

The film won the BAFTA Award for best documentary at the 66th British Academy Film Awards in London on 10 February 2013. This one is a must see!

index.php?t=getfile&id=1205&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=1207&private=0
  • Attachment: Sugarman.jpg
    (Size: 12.98KB, Downloaded 1291 times)
  • Attachment: Cold fact.jpg
    (Size: 8.80KB, Downloaded 1249 times)
Re: Searching for Sugarman [message #77101 is a reply to message #77099] Mon, 01 July 2013 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

How interesting! Thanks for the heads-up.

Re: Searching for Sugarman [message #77108 is a reply to message #77101] Tue, 02 July 2013 09:42 Go to previous message
Nisha is currently offline  Nisha
Baron
My pleasure, Wayne. This is a life story that truly touches me deeply. Rodriguez was born to perform, yet he has been doing manual labor for most of his life. Such a loss to the music industry!
Previous Topic: Chris Brown's Latest Legal Trouble
Next Topic: Anyone seen The Avengers?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 07:43:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout