Home » Audio » General » Symphony Orchestra as band
Symphony Orchestra as band [message #77095] Sun, 30 June 2013 18:06 Go to next message
Nisha is currently offline  Nisha
Baron
I was thinking of Neil Diamond having an entire symphony orchestra as band, but I am sure we have the same with some artists today? The music might just be more contemporary. Doesn't Era have an orchestra? And Evanesence?
Re: Symphony Orchestra as band [message #77098 is a reply to message #77095] Mon, 01 July 2013 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I'm sure some do but I have to admit I'm struggling to think of any examples. I don't know if Era or Evanescence have; I've heard of orchestra covers but of course that is an entirely different thing.
Re: Symphony Orchestra as band [message #77115 is a reply to message #77098] Wed, 03 July 2013 12:02 Go to previous message
Nisha is currently offline  Nisha
Baron
What comes to mind is the group OMD (Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark). Not sure if they had a full orchestra, though. Also, I don't actually know if they are still on the circuits. They were popular in the 70s and 80s, and I LOVED their music!
Previous Topic: Sounds In Dreams
Next Topic: Music as a study aid?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 12:32:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout