Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Lower Midrange.
Lower Midrange. [message #77000] Tue, 11 June 2013 18:39 Go to next message
Zene Gillette is currently offline  Zene Gillette
Viscount
Wayne ... If you remember I'm building a 12" horn (upscaled version of your 10"), but would like to scale one down for an 8". Would you recommend the Eminence Alpha 8A or something better? Nothing vintage, just off the shelf. Guessing range would be 400Hz - 1600Hz. For: hi fi only.
Thanks, Zene
Re: Lower Midrange. [message #77001 is a reply to message #77000] Tue, 11 June 2013 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I must be honest: I had absolutely no luck with any Eminence 8" drivers in a midhorn. Tried some other brands too, and I just couldn't get 'em low or smooth. You would think you could scale the horn, change the rear chambers and get at least one model right. But I couldn't get satisfactory results with any 8" driver I tried.

Re: Lower Midrange. [message #77002 is a reply to message #77001] Tue, 11 June 2013 20:39 Go to previous message
Zene Gillette is currently offline  Zene Gillette
Viscount
Wayne ... guess wasn't as easy to go to 8" as I thought. Will re-think. I did find this- http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=294-655 Recommended for horns and EPB of 390. Might be worth a shot. Will run up in Hornresp for grins.
Thanks, Zene
Previous Topic: 8 Pi questions
Next Topic: Uniform Directivity - How important is it?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:08:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio