Home » Audio » General » It's A Shame That There's A Difference
It's A Shame That There's A Difference [message #76947] Wed, 05 June 2013 05:02 Go to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Have you ever bought an album or CD because you liked a song or songs? We all do that. But then you get it home and you can't stand the way it was recorded?
Re: It's A Shame That There's A Difference [message #76963 is a reply to message #76947] Thu, 06 June 2013 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I assume you are referring to the difference between hearing it live and a studio recording? While I enjoy the fun and spontaneity of live sound, I generally prefer studio recordings myself. They sound cleaner.
Re: It's A Shame That There's A Difference [message #76982 is a reply to message #76947] Fri, 07 June 2013 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
That too. Most live recordings aren't mixed too well and end up hard to listen to. The same problem with some studio producers. It's as if they mix what they know will be a single better than the rest of the album.
Re: It's A Shame That There's A Difference [message #77055 is a reply to message #76982] Thu, 20 June 2013 07:13 Go to previous message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I suppose they see it as a more efficient use of their time. Polish up the hits that bring in the money and the rest doesn't need as much attention. It is frustrating though.
Previous Topic: Repetition
Next Topic: Cleaning Up The Computer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 03:15:01 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout