Home » xyzzy » Tower » Over prescribing of meds
Over prescribing of meds [message #76179] Thu, 04 April 2013 22:21 Go to next message
Kara is currently offline  Kara
Chancellor
I went to the doctor's office last week to get some help for a cough that won't quite go away. Walked out with about five different medicines - I would rattle if you shook me after a meal this week! I am not sure I am doing the right thing putting all these chemical substances into my already weak system.
Re: Over prescribing of meds [message #76366 is a reply to message #76179] Thu, 18 April 2013 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
My wife used to work as a pharmacy technician and she said the pharmacists were always complaining about how doctors in the community over-prescribe medications - especially antibiotics. She said over the years the public has come to expect to walk out the door with a prescription to fix all their problems and since the doctors are getting kickbacks from pharmaceutical companies anyway, they are happy to oblige.
Re: Over prescribing of meds [message #76389 is a reply to message #76179] Fri, 19 April 2013 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Five medications for one cough? That's going a bit overboard in my opinion. I would look into the option of not taking all five. I seriously doubt that you really need all of them.
Re: Over prescribing of meds [message #76390 is a reply to message #76389] Fri, 19 April 2013 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Batch 5 is currently offline  Batch 5
Esquire

Money be thy God of greed,
Insurance companies, doctors conspire indeed.
Schools do too, our children enslare,
Medicating not educating, they're offensive, the worst.
Friends, beware, don't walk this baneful path.

People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people.
Re: Over prescribing of meds [message #76931 is a reply to message #76179] Mon, 03 June 2013 13:25 Go to previous message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Alrighty then.............Good to know Batch 5.

People just need to use their own judgement as to what is enough medication and what isn't. If it sounds like too much ....... it probably is.
Previous Topic: Movie Storage Ideas
Next Topic: Labels
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 10:19:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout