Home » xyzzy » Tower » Offensive Blogs
Offensive Blogs [message #74993] Mon, 17 December 2012 21:12 Go to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
Have you ever seen a blog that you thought was overly offensive? Did you do anything about? I've heard that Google has something you can do to report it but I don't know what that is.
Re: Offensive Blogs [message #75006 is a reply to message #74993] Tue, 18 December 2012 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurnItUp is currently offline  TurnItUp
Viscount
If the content offends you by all means don't return to the blog, but reporting it? Just because YOU don't like the content? Whatever happened to the 1st Amendment and freedom of speech?
Re: Offensive Blogs [message #75017 is a reply to message #74993] Wed, 19 December 2012 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
If enough reports go into Google concerning this sort of thing, they will look into it. Maybe the content was offensive because it dealt with something illegal? Just because we have freedom of speech that doesn't mean we can all say whatever we want. There are laws about that.
Re: Offensive Blogs [message #75332 is a reply to message #75017] Wed, 23 January 2013 18:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love2play is currently offline  love2play
Master
Azuri wrote on Wed, 19 December 2012 11:48
Just because we have freedom of speech that doesn't mean we can all say whatever we want. There are laws about that.

The first amendment does actually guarantee that you can say whatever you want. Now if you say something that is libelous you may end up getting sued over it, but you can still say it.
Re: Offensive Blogs [message #76794 is a reply to message #74993] Sun, 19 May 2013 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
It's too bad that some people use the constitution to justify saying things that they really shouldn't be saying. As far as blogs are concerned, if it's offensive, simply don't read it or anything else by the author. People have freedom of speech but they also have the freedom to not read what they find offensive.
Re: Offensive Blogs [message #76799 is a reply to message #76794] Sun, 19 May 2013 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
I hear both sides of this, yes freedom to say what you want is extremely important. But at the same time it is abuse of the privilege to rant and be offensive, especially if it is intentional. I'm pretty hard to offend, but I also see no need to subject myself to individuals that try to do that. My solution is to blogs and indeed forums is to never go back and let my friends know about why, especially if they still go there. Just my 2 cents.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Offensive Blogs [message #76800 is a reply to message #76799] Sun, 19 May 2013 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm with you all, 100%. One of the best things about the internet is people can say whatever they want anonymously. But then again, one of the worst things about the internet is people can say whatever they want anonymously.

Re: Offensive Blogs [message #76817 is a reply to message #76800] Mon, 20 May 2013 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, It seems to me this is part of a bigger picture. Something like there are responsible individuals and ones that are not. Which in itself is a matter of opinion as to which side you view it from. We do however share the turf and need to come to some accommodations with each other. At one time in my more youthful days, I tried to get along with pretty much everyone. (didn't always work) Now I find it more pragmatic to ignore many of them. Equally I avoid instigating negative comments toward the ones I find offensive. To do otherwise would allow them to actually influence me.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Offensive Blogs [message #76842 is a reply to message #74993] Thu, 23 May 2013 08:06 Go to previous message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
If I come across an offensive blog, I simply stop visiting it. I wouldn't feel comfortable trying to ban it just because I disagreed. Some subjects sorely test that conviction, though. Razz
Previous Topic: Local Bands
Next Topic: Aid to people in Moore, Oklahoma
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:35:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout