Home » Audio » General » Weird Effects of Sound
Weird Effects of Sound [message #76352] Thu, 18 April 2013 06:13 Go to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
During the meditation portion of my yoga class, my teacher often rings a very high pitched bell. Whenever I hear the bell and then the shimmering harmonics, I tend to feel slight cold chills. I have no idea why, but it's bizarre.

What sounds have strange effects on you?
Re: Weird Effects of Sound [message #76360 is a reply to message #76352] Thu, 18 April 2013 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Fingernails on a chalkboard. Or even worse, unintended feedback from an electric guitar. Sudden, high-pitched noises really unnerve me. Just thinking about it gives me the willies.
Re: Weird Effects of Sound [message #76521 is a reply to message #76352] Fri, 26 April 2013 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Bag pipes they can start to drive you up the wall after 2-3 songs, but then on the other hand a slow smooth sexy saxophone, (did I spell that right or is sexophone)can make you feel real comfortable when your with your girl.
Re: Weird Effects of Sound [message #76807 is a reply to message #76352] Mon, 20 May 2013 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
You're right Bill, It is a sexophone. Laughing The only time I could tolerate bagpipes was on that old AC/DC song It's A Long Way To The Top. I don't know how they did it, but they made it work.
Re: Weird Effects of Sound [message #76810 is a reply to message #76352] Mon, 20 May 2013 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I used to hate bagpipes but somewhere along the way I learned to tolerate them. I guess I've been exposed to them so much that it was a defense mechanism. Wink
Re: Weird Effects of Sound [message #76892 is a reply to message #76352] Thu, 30 May 2013 10:27 Go to previous message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
If someone is using a pencil eraser and it's worn down to the point of the metal scraping the paper, I can't stand to hear it. Even thinking about that sound gives me chills and slight nausea.
Previous Topic: Fathers Day Gift Ideas
Next Topic: Repetition
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 08:10:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout