Home » Audio » General » White Noise
White Noise [message #76779] Fri, 17 May 2013 16:59 Go to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
If you notice white noise coming out of your speakers, especially through the tweeters, how can you get rid of it? Or at the very least, minimize it a great deal? The speakers in question are floor-standing if that makes a difference.
Re: White Noise [message #76788 is a reply to message #76779] Sat, 18 May 2013 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, A can of worms for sure. First it is unlikely to be the speakers fault. They only reproduce what they are fed with few exceptions (self powered ones and some types of electrostatics). So the noise is from the audio chain. If it is there regardless of source selected (not playing though) then it is nearly certain to be in the power amplifier area. If the level changes depending on the volume control or input selected then it is likely to be in what ever the source is (CD, LP etc). If you can provide a bit more information about your system and how the noise changes or doesn't change as mentioned above I can probably give you a less general answer.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: White Noise [message #76803 is a reply to message #76779] Mon, 20 May 2013 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I've always viewed white noise as being a mis-communication somehow between the audio source, CD for example, and the speakers. Whatever system you have, get everything more fine tuned and see if that helps.
Re: White Noise [message #76806 is a reply to message #76788] Mon, 20 May 2013 06:04 Go to previous message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
gofar99 wrote on Sat, 18 May 2013 22:31
If you can provide a bit more information about your system and how the noise changes or doesn't change as mentioned above I can probably give you a less general answer.

It's a Pioneer system my brother just gave me. He upgraded apparently. His hand me down was my upgrade as well. Sorry, but that's about all I can tell you for now as I'm still getting used to the system itself.
Previous Topic: Sound Design Graduates?
Next Topic: Fathers Day Gift Ideas
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 11:27:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout