Home » xyzzy » Tower » Facebook Equivalents
Facebook Equivalents [message #76623] Fri, 03 May 2013 21:54 Go to next message
The Noise is currently offline  The Noise
Master
Take a forum like this for example. On Facebook you can find people who have taken up forming "communities" of people that started here. Do you think this is a constructive way of talking about certain subjects or should people just continue on with these sites?
Re: Facebook Equivalents [message #76668 is a reply to message #76623] Tue, 07 May 2013 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
I know Facebook wants to take over the world and it is useful, but I prefer to have individual forums still. I don't even like using my Facebook ID to sign up at other forums.
Re: Facebook Equivalents [message #76763 is a reply to message #76623] Thu, 16 May 2013 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Neither do I Chicken. I like Facebook for what I use it for. I don't need to integrate with other sites. I keep business business, and personal personal.
Re: Facebook Equivalents [message #76767 is a reply to message #76763] Thu, 16 May 2013 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I'll probably tick a few off Confused but generally I have zero use of Facebook and Twitter. With both a commercial and private email account and a back up one (that few are privy to) anyone can easily reach me. I like smaller forums as they pretty much cover specialty subjects between folks that have a genuine interest. FB and TW are for socialization IMO, not for exchanges of information. BTW I do have a FB page... I had to get it to try and track someone down. Didn't work BTW.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Facebook Equivalents [message #76770 is a reply to message #76767] Fri, 17 May 2013 01:34 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm with you, Bruce, 100%. I personally think Facebook is the most insipid "technology" I've every seen. The reason I think this is the whole internet was designed to do what some of the younger generation see Facebook as. The HTTP prototol is the world-wide-web. It's the global connection. Facebook is just a website, and is no more significant than any other website, in my opinion. I just don't see any reason to join.

Previous Topic: Any Good Shows?
Next Topic: Wine
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:48:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout