Home » Audio » General » Sounds In Dreams
Sounds In Dreams [message #76662] Mon, 06 May 2013 09:43 Go to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I didn't turn the stereo off last night so I got to hear all kinds of music and commercials while dreaming. It made for even odder dreams than normal!
Re: Sounds In Dreams [message #76673 is a reply to message #76662] Tue, 07 May 2013 17:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
When I was in high school, I was attached to my headphones and used to fall asleep listening to them all the time. I know exactly what you're talking about when you say you had some odd dreams!
Re: Sounds In Dreams [message #76682 is a reply to message #76662] Tue, 07 May 2013 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
I have never been a big fan of listening to music as I fall asleep, but I always wondered if your dreams would have a soundtrack. I have fallen asleep with the tv on and dreamed that I was in the show! Smile
Re: Sounds In Dreams [message #77107 is a reply to message #76682] Tue, 02 July 2013 09:20 Go to previous message
Nisha is currently offline  Nisha
Baron
My theory is as follows: Our bodies (ears) detect the music while we are asleep and send this signal to the brain (as usual), but because a different part of the brain is active while the body is sleeping, the music is processed in the subconscious mind and ends up as part of a dream (if the dream state is active at that stage). Very Happy
Previous Topic: Mosquito Whine
Next Topic: Symphony Orchestra as band
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 14:07:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout