Home » Audio » Radio » Swap and Shop on the Radio (question for older folks)
Swap and Shop on the Radio [message #76384] Fri, 19 April 2013 09:08 Go to next message
The Mother is currently offline  The Mother
Baron
Is anyone here old enough, and from a rural enough area to remember "Swap and Shop" on the radio? We used to listen every day. It was an audio version of the free classified ads.

If at first you don't succeed, go back and do it the way Mother told you to.
Re: Swap and Shop on the Radio [message #76386 is a reply to message #76384] Fri, 19 April 2013 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

There's still a program like that where I live. It's called "Dial a Deal" and it's broadcast in Oklahoma, Arkansas and Missouri.

Re: Swap and Shop on the Radio [message #76394 is a reply to message #76386] Fri, 19 April 2013 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
That's pretty cool but it must not be local if it's in three states, right? These were for just about one local county, and people called in to say they had fresh eggs for sale, or puppies to give away.

Re: Swap and Shop on the Radio [message #76395 is a reply to message #76394] Fri, 19 April 2013 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It's local, yes. I think it's a show broadcast in Northwestern Arkansas, which just happens to be close enough to Missouri and Oklahoma to be heard in those states.

Re: Swap and Shop on the Radio [message #76397 is a reply to message #76395] Fri, 19 April 2013 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Ah! I forget the three touching corners right there.

Re: Swap and Shop on the Radio [message #76462 is a reply to message #76384] Tue, 23 April 2013 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I vaguely remember something like that growing up. We lived in a small town close to very rural areas and the local station I think had that. Between that station and WLS in Chicago, there was never a dull moment on the radio.
Re: Swap and Shop on the Radio [message #76539 is a reply to message #76384] Sun, 28 April 2013 19:04 Go to previous message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
I grew up in a rural area but I don't remember anything like that. It sounds pretty cool though and I definitely would have tuned in.
Previous Topic: Same song again and again
Next Topic: What's The Difference?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:25:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout