Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Star Trek (2009)
Star Trek (2009) [message #7645] Sat, 09 May 2009 14:35 Go to next message
Scott L is currently offline  Scott L
Chancellor

Watched the movie today, Saturday May 9. I went to the 10:15 am showing to get a good seat. Loved it ! They did a fairly decent job with the time line. It was the maiden voyage of NCC-1701. That's all I will say. Go see it soon as you can, I am sure you will enjoy it.
Re: Star Trek Enterprise, Saw the Movie !! [message #7646 is a reply to message #7645] Sat, 09 May 2009 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Oh, man, that's excellent! I've been waiting to see the movie for months. With a 2yo running around, we don't get out as much so it may be a while before I get to see it too. Looking forward to it!

Re: Star Trek Enterprise, Saw the Movie !! [message #59347 is a reply to message #7646] Sun, 07 June 2009 09:25 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I saw the movie last night. Loved it! I think it was my favorite movie of the series. Without giving any spoilers, I'll say they did a great job casting younger crew members. Some were perfect, others good. However, there were a couple of them that I thought acted out of character in specific aspects. They get around this in a way I'll not describe because it's a partial spoiler. I thought Spock was particularly good as was McCoy, Kirk was cast in a cool way, Sulu, Chekhov and Scotty were good. Uhuru was completely different both in appearance and behavior. All in all, a really great movie, will definitely buy the Blu-Ray disk when it comes out.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41MfLTJNSUL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

A couple weeks ago, I purchased the box set of movies made with the original cast on Blu-Ray. Got me psyched for the new movie! It's a good set and doesn't cost any more than the DVD versions would, if purchased separately. I have a nice Panasonic plasma 52", so I could really see the detail. (In some cases, the detail is high enough you can see the masking.)

These are really good quality transfers and I recommend them. I read some comments before buying and some early buyers said the quality wasn't great. Either they responded to this and improved quality or the viewers were watching on equipment that was not so hot. The box set just came out on May 12th, so I think it must be the latter. These are good, definitely better than the DVD versions. Highly recommended if Star Trek is your thing. I sort of grew up with this series, so it's definitely my thing.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51qWb8XF9HL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Previous Topic: 88 Minutes
Next Topic: The Lost Room
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 00:58:07 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers