Home » Audio » General » Laptop Speakers
Laptop Speakers [message #76410] Sun, 21 April 2013 05:43 Go to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Just an observation. Most laptops I have ever used have a terrible set of built in speakers. Very "tinny" sounding. You would think that with all the technical advances they make to computers they could make better built in speakers.
Re: Laptop Speakers [message #76423 is a reply to message #76410] Mon, 22 April 2013 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
I agree. I need to set up some external speakers for my laptop so I can get better sound. You lose some portability that way though.
Re: Laptop Speakers [message #76428 is a reply to message #76410] Mon, 22 April 2013 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
I work from a laptop more than half the time that I'm on the computer and I agree with you 110%. The speakers on this thing are horrible! Like Chicken said, you could buy external speakers to improve the sound quality a bit but then you lose some of the convenience of portability.
Re: Laptop Speakers [message #76452 is a reply to message #76410] Tue, 23 April 2013 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
I think they make external speakers for laptops that are pretty easy to carry around with you. Here is a CNET reviews article about a few of them.
Re: Laptop Speakers [message #76457 is a reply to message #76452] Tue, 23 April 2013 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Considering how much is already stuffed into the laptop, it is really no surprise to me that the speakers are rather marginal. Think about how large the speakers need to be to deliver quality sound. I personally have never seen any with a diameter of under 4 inches that were worth the trouble and even then the response below 100HZ is zilch. Would you trade off portability for a 15 pound laptop with better speakers? I wouldn't. I figure that is what headphones are for.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Laptop Speakers [message #76506 is a reply to message #76410] Fri, 26 April 2013 09:43 Go to previous message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
That's true. You can just use some high quality headphones to get the better sound you are craving and then you don't have to lug external speakers around.
Previous Topic: Violin - Acoustic to electric?
Next Topic: New York Audio Show
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 15:05:23 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout