Home » Audio » Radio » Same song again and again
Same song again and again [message #73746] Tue, 04 September 2012 20:04 Go to next message
Rockstar is currently offline  Rockstar
Master
Talk about beating a dead horse! I was listening to a local radio station today and they played the same song 3 times in 1 hour. No wonder people get sick of songs so quickly.

Let's chat!
Re: Same song again and again [message #73754 is a reply to message #73746] Wed, 05 September 2012 19:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shel25 is currently offline  Shel25
Chancellor
It's always been that way! I can remember as a kid thinking the same thing. You would get so excited when it was a new song and you heard it often. After a week you were sick of it.
Re: Same song again and again [message #73819 is a reply to message #73746] Fri, 14 September 2012 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I know what you mean and it gets annoying very quickly. I'm not sure how stations determine song frequency, but I wish they would tweak their method a bit.
Re: Same song again and again [message #73950 is a reply to message #73746] Tue, 25 September 2012 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damon73 is currently offline  Damon73
Baron
I wonder if the station managers figure people only listen for a few minutes at a time. It would make sense to play the most popular songs often if that's how they are looking at their audience. For those of us who want to listen for a longer period of time, I agree that it quickly gets irritating.
Re: Same song again and again [message #76383 is a reply to message #73746] Fri, 19 April 2013 09:02 Go to previous message
The Mother is currently offline  The Mother
Baron
Sometimes I think that I, personally, have a more extensive record collection than our local station. Here it's not just a case of overplaying new songs, because most of the stations around here are playing some variation of what they consider "classic." Some days, I swear that if I hear Aerosmith's "Walk This Way" one more time, I will shoot my radio.

If at first you don't succeed, go back and do it the way Mother told you to.
Previous Topic: No streaming on the job?
Next Topic: Swap and Shop on the Radio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:10:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout