Home » Audio » General » Violin - Acoustic to electric? (musical instrument question)
Violin - Acoustic to electric? [message #76377] Thu, 18 April 2013 20:44 Go to next message
The Mother is currently offline  The Mother
Baron
My son the musician wants something for his birthday that I need help understanding. He's a violin player, in a strings group. He wants some kind of gadget to attach to his regular violin to amplify it like an electric instrument. Is there even such a thing? If so, where would I look for it?

If at first you don't succeed, go back and do it the way Mother told you to.
Re: Violin - Acoustic to electric? [message #76398 is a reply to message #76377] Fri, 19 April 2013 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
I'm sure they do make something like this. Sounds to me like he just needs acoustic violin pickups. Try doing a Google search for "amplify acoustic violin" and see what you find in your price range.
Re: Violin - Acoustic to electric? [message #76402 is a reply to message #76377] Fri, 19 April 2013 22:05 Go to previous message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The option is out there to be had, has been for some time now, so I'm sure it's easy enough to find. Three minutes into this song and you can hear one in action.

http://youtu.be/HEPMlSpMQQU
Previous Topic: Your commercials are quieter
Next Topic: Laptop Speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 02:34:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers