Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Pulp Fiction (What's the big deal?)
Pulp Fiction [message #76329] Tue, 16 April 2013 19:38 Go to next message
Kenwoody is currently offline  Kenwoody
Viscount
Pulp Fiction is on IMDB's list as one of the best movies of all time, and it's one that the hubby never tires of watching. Personally, I don't get it. I've seen the movie and I just don't understand what makes it so great.
Re: Pulp Fiction [message #76331 is a reply to message #76329] Wed, 17 April 2013 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I guess you either like it or you don't. I personally do; the conversations between the criminals are always interesting and the nonlinear storyline is cool too.
Re: Pulp Fiction [message #76340 is a reply to message #76329] Wed, 17 April 2013 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Pulp Fiction is a guy thing. I can't see a lot of females getting into that movie really. Personally, I can take it leave it. It's a good movie, but not good enough to where I would actually buy it.
Re: Pulp Fiction [message #76357 is a reply to message #76329] Thu, 18 April 2013 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
I used to love the movie, "Pulp Fiction"! I recently convinced a friend who had never watched it, to sit down and check it out. I must admit, I started to find the beginning a bit boring. I don't know why I used to love the movie so much before. Maybe because it was the first movie of its kind, at the time.
Re: Pulp Fiction [message #76413 is a reply to message #76340] Sun, 21 April 2013 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
Kingfish wrote on Wed, 17 April 2013 13:01
Pulp Fiction is a guy thing. I can't see a lot of females getting into that movie really. Personally, I can take it leave it. It's a good movie, but not good enough to where I would actually buy it.

I resent that, as a woman who happens to love this movie. I agree that it is one of those movies that you either love or hate, but I think it is great. Quentin Tarantino is a fabulous director and the cast and script were incredible.
Re: Pulp Fiction [message #76430 is a reply to message #76329] Mon, 22 April 2013 18:35 Go to previous message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
Kenwoody, you're not alone. I'm not a fan of the movie either. I found the story line to be... I don't know... abstract, I guess. Someone earlier called it "nonlinear" and I guess that's as good a way to put it as any. Either way, it wasn't one I could follow.
Previous Topic: Justin Bieber & Anne Frank
Next Topic: Gattaca
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 06:58:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout