Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Newer Testament
Newer Testament [message #7627] Sat, 16 August 2008 00:53 Go to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Ok, so this stuff isn't everyones cup O' tea, but I grew up on Testament, Anthrax, and such in jr high and high school. I didn't realize they even came out with a new one, but evidently it came out back in April. First studio album in 9 years and as a bonus Alex Skolnick is back on guitar--YEAHHHHH! If you've never seen (or heard) Alex play he is a freak of nature. He started off in thrash metal with Testament, went to Savatage--which was a very cool concept metal band, then on to his jazz trio and trans siberian orchestra, and now back to thrash.

Now, I'm not a big thrash fan anymore as I've mellowed considerably to Lizz Wright and such, but every once in a while when I'm PO'd, nothing hits the spot like thrash turned up to 11.

http://www.testamentlegions.com/

Re: Newer Testament [message #7628 is a reply to message #7627] Mon, 18 August 2008 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'll have to check that out. Can't really click a link to listen right now, I'm working. But I will.

How would you describe them? Like Tool and Rush, heavy but precise? More like Black Sabbath?

Re: Newer Testament [message #7629 is a reply to message #7628] Mon, 18 August 2008 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Like early Metallica or Anthrax. Same style and genre.

Re: Newer Testament [message #7630 is a reply to message #7629] Tue, 19 August 2008 17:51 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Gotcha, cool. I have Metallica's black album and Tool and Retool. Not really their early stuff, but I think I get the picture.

Previous Topic: OETA HD - Cleveland Orchestra in Performance
Next Topic: CHAOS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 03:29:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout