Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Loud Music
Re: Loud Music [message #65192 is a reply to message #64329] Tue, 07 December 2010 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aki is currently offline  Aki
Baron
This reminds me of a neighbor I had. Long time ago, I had this neighbor in a condominium who's favorite past time was Karaoke.

This guy would fire it up first thing in the morning, especially at the quietest hours on the weekends. All we could hear in our living room was this thumping of monotonic beats, and this distorted, out-of-pitch singing voices with this horrible, horrible reverb.

Not only was this loud and obnoxious, it was absolutely awful. I mean, the music and the singing was so bad that we never could make out a single song they were singing.

I talked to the guy on more than one occasion about it, but next day it would be the same thing. This went on for months. We think may be he was addicted to awful singing. May be intervention was the right thing to do. But then we found all his friends and family singing at his place too.

Eventually multiple neighbors (including myself) started filing written complaints with HOA about this guy. The by-laws have rules against noise, and HOA started assessing fine against the Karaoke folks. They finally wised up, bought a house somewhere away from the city and moved out...
Re: Loud Music [message #76217 is a reply to message #64854] Sat, 06 April 2013 04:30 Go to previous message
DJ Dave is currently offline  DJ Dave
Viscount
I would probably be annoyed by a neighbor's loud music if I wasn't invited to the party. The best thing to do is to warn your neighbors first. Tell them that they are welcome to come over and join the party if they want to. At any rate, they will be prepared and appreciate the consideration.
Previous Topic: Dr. Phil
Next Topic: Are we forgetting that Jennifer Lopez can't sing?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:30:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio